Personal branding is the practice of communicating or promoting you and your career as a brand. It’s about who you are, what you do, how you work, and where you are headed.
A personal brand goes beyond the basic resume to deliver a more complete picture of who you are professionally. It is the unique combination of skills, experience, and personality that you want your followers to see. It is the telling of your story, and the impression people gain from your online reputation.
Having a strong personal brand enables you to not only manage your online reputation and present yourself in a professional light but ensures that you are regarded more favourably by would-be employers.
Parker Public Relations has developed a coaching and communications package directed at professionals and executives looking to manage their own personal branding journey … but in need of help in getting started.
Our coaching package includes a compulsory start-up module designed to help you get started on your journey. Once implemented, we will work closely with you as your roll out your personal branding by providing ongoing coaching and advice … even stepping in with hands-on assistance if and when required.
Personal Branding Strategy Workshop
This will take the format of a 2-3 hour workshop. This will enable us to clarify:
- Your goals
- Expert niche. What makes you special? Are you one of the best at what you do? Or is it more about the experience of working with you that should stand out?
- Key audiences. Who do you need to talk to? What do they value most about you?
- Communications’ platforms.
- Your personal story. A strong personal brand is almost always supported by a compelling story.
- Your tagline. You should be able to tell the world exactly who you are in 6 words or less.
- Determine your imagery and headshot.
- Secure information to write your bio.
- Determine your content and story ideas and other key actions
- Create a content calendar and action plan
- Develop a list of key connections
- Develop a list of relevant industry experts, media, bloggers, podcasters and conference organisers
Develop your personal branding/strengthen online presence
- Develop your social media bios and profiles
- Create email signatures to reflect your expert niche
- Add new social media platforms where relevant.
- Connect online with key audiences
- Set up alerts and notifications.This enables you to actively ‘listen’ to what is happening in your industry
- Ensure social media platforms are optimised and quickly found online.
- Set up monitoring tools and analytics to measure your progress.
Teach you how to:
- Grow your contacts
- Engage on social media. The more active you are, the more relevant you become.
Optional extra: Develop your personal website
ONGOING COACHING AND ASSISTANCE
Once the key fundamentals are in place, we will work with you ongoing, providing coaching and advice, even stepping in with hands-on assistance if and when required.
This can include help with:
- Developing curated and original content – blogs, social media content, articles, media releases, speeches, video and podcast scripts, e-books.
- Reaching out to the media and generating publicity
- Exploring conference, event keynotes and other presentation opportunities.
- Sourcing videographers, podcasters, web developers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
Developing a strong personal brand is important for you and your career. Potential employers will search for you online, and when they do, you need to be able to control what they read and find out about you.
Find out more: Wendy Parker on 0422 694 503 firstname.lastname@example.org