What is thought leadership?
Thought leadership is a powerful public relations tool that helps position individuals and organisations as the go-to authorities in their industry or field. Being the recognised expert builds visibility and credibility which in turn opens doors to customers, investors, funding bodies, the media, conference organisers and key decision makers. People want to do business with or have dealings with those who are known authorities and are perceived to be good at what they do.
What is a thought leader?
Thought leaders are informed opinion leaders and the acknowledged experts in their industry or field. They consistently add to the body of knowledge in their field and communicate their valuable insights to motivate others to solve problems and find new and better ways of doing things. They are sought out for their ability to make sense of what is happening in the marketplace as well as predict what the future holds. They understand the failings, shortcomings and problems facing their industries or sectors … AND they have the answers to fix these problems or seek out the answers to these problems.
Who is thought leadership best suited to?
In the main thought leaders tend to be individuals or organisations looking to:
- Build their credibility
- Educate and inform their communities
- Change behaviours
- Initiate new and better ways of doing things
- Introduce new concepts or innovative ideas
- Challenge current thinking
- Drive best-practice or improve the reputation of their industries
- Companies looking to position themselves as knowledge-based entities.
- Peak bodies looking to drive advocacy and change behaviour.
- Professionals wanting to secure board or high profile appointments.
- Late career professionals looking to develop a passion project in retirement.
What are the benefits of being the acknowledged thought leader or authority in their industry or field?
- It is excellent for growing business. If you’re out there, constantly dispensing your advice and your expertise, people trust you, your credibility grows, and by default so does that of your organisation. People want to do business with experts who know what they’re talking about. So do investors, policy makers, funding bodies and other key decision-makers. They want to know that the person or organization they’re dealing with or lending money to is good at what they do.
- Being a recognized thought leader or authority also gives you greater access to the media and conference organisers. The media is always on the look-out for people who can help make sense of the world, provide expert commentary for stories or who are great talent for interviews. Similarly, conference organisers are more likely to invite you to headline a conference or be a speaker if you are a proven expert.
- Finally being an acknowledged thought leader or authority makes you much more attractive to employers and head-hunters. Companies want to employ well informed people who are problems solvers, have fresh ideas and are innovative and inventive. In the US, CEO and key leadership position are increasingly being filled by candidates who are already acknowledged experts. Bottom line, thought leadership does wonders for an individual’s career trajectory!!
What is personal branding?
Personal branding is the practice of communicating or promoting you and your career as a brand. It’s about who you are, what you do, how you work, and where you are headed.
A personal brand goes beyond the basic resume to deliver a more complete picture of who you are professionally. It is the unique combination of skills, experience, and personality that you want your followers to see.
It is the telling of your story, and the impression people gain from your online reputation.
Having a strong personal brand enables you to not only manage your online reputation and present yourself in a professional light but ensures that you are regarded more favourably by would-be employers.
What thought leadership and personal branding services do we offer?
We provide a THOUGHT LEADERSHIP COACHING PACKAGE for CEOs, business owners, entrepreneurs and academics looking to manage their own thought leadership. Similarly we provide a PERSONAL BRANDING COACHING package for executives and professionals looking to boost their brands in order to secure the next job. We also provide DONE-FOR-YOU THOUGHT LEADERSHIP strategy and content creation for organisations.
What our Clients Say: