A personal brand that positions you powerfully as a credible expert is vital to growing your business or practice area
It very quickly builds your reputation and visibility with your ideal customer base, differentiates you from your competitors and ensures that you have a much greater impact.
Let’s face it, when it comes to someone choosing which lawyer, accountant, architect, engineer or consultant they would rather do business with, clients are more likely to choose recognized experts who regularly share their knowledge and deep insights and help us make sense of the world.
Bottom line, they choose people they can trust and who they believe will do the best possible job for them.
The other big advantage of having a strong personal brand is its ability to “humanise” you and make you more likeable and relatable. It gives you a forum to tell your story and explain what makes you tick, what makes you unique and why people like working with you.
Parker Public Relations has developed a special coaching package for professionals and subject matter experts responsible for business development and growth.
This package is designed to help you kick-start your journey then put you in charge of managing the process moving forward.
However it also provides the option of Parker Public Relations working with you should you choose not to go it alone. We can help out with occasional advice and problem-solving or we can get involved in a more hands-on capacity. The choice is yours.
Parker Public Relations is a preferred provider to business development provider, Collective Intelligence.
START-UP PERSONAL BRANDING MODULE
Step 1 – Personal branding workshop
The process will kick off with a 2-hour personal branding strategy workshop. During the workshop we will clarify:
- Your personal branding goals
- Expert niche. What makes you special?
- Key audiences. Who do you need to talk to? This can include your ideal client, your referral partners and other key stakeholders.
- Your communications platforms and tactics. Social media, publicity, personal website, public speaking, business book.
- Your personal story. A strong personal brand is almost always supported by a compelling story.
- Your tagline. Who you help and the big value you provide.
- Determine your imagery
- Secure information to write your bio and social media profiles.
- Determine who you should connect with
- Develop a list of relevant industry experts, journalists, bloggers, podcasters and conference organisers.
- Determine how you will engage online.
Step 2 – Develop your personal branding & strengthen your online presence
Following the workshop we will:
- Develop your social media profiles
- Create email signatures to reflect your expert niche
- Add new social media platforms where relevant.
- Begin the process of connecting online with key audiences
- Set up Google Alerts and other notifications. This enables you to actively ‘listen’ to what is happening in your industry
- Ensure social media platforms are optimised and quickly found online.
- Set up monitoring tools and analytics to measure your progress.
Step 3 – Social media engagement workshop
In this 1-2 hour workshop we will teach you how to engage appropriately online. This includes how to:
- Comment powerfully on other people’s content.
- Curate high quality content that is relevant to the needs of your ideal audience.
- Create original content that is useful and valuable to your target audience.
We will also determine how often you should engage online and develop a 6-month program of activity.
Remember the more active you are, the more relevant you become.
ONGOING PERSONAL BRANDING COACHING AND ASSISTANCE
Once the key fundamentals are in place, you can choose to work with us ongoing.
- Provide periodic advice or problem solving
- Develop original content on your behalf – blogs, social media content, articles, media releases, speeches, video and podcast scripts, e-books.
- Reach out to the media and generating publicity
- Explore conference, event keynotes and other presentation opportunities.
- Source videographers, podcasters, web developers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
- Developing your personal website.
- Write training and lead generation materials
Developing a strong personal brand and engaging powerfully online will build your reputation and credibility with your customer base and ensure you are the one they choose to do business with.
Why not take advantage of our 30 min free consultation and find out more. Call us on 0422 694 503
Discover the top 12 tips for crafting a personal LinkedIn profile that positions you powerfully as a credible expert.