Personal branding is the practice of communicating or promoting you and your career as a brand.
It’s about who you are, what it is that you do, how you work, and where you are headed.
A personal brand goes beyond the basic resume to deliver a more complete picture of who you are professionally. It is the unique combination of skills, experience, and personality that you want your followers to see.
It is the telling of your story, and the impression people gain from your online reputation.
Having a strong personal brand enables you to not only manage your online reputation and present yourself in a professional light but ensures that you are regarded more favourably by would-be employers.
Companies want to employ people who are personable, have great values and who are good at what they do.
But where do you begin with developing your personal brand and what is involved?
Parker Public Relations has developed a coaching and communications package directed at professionals and executives looking to manage their own personal branding journey … but who need help getting started.
Our service comprises a compulsory start-up package which is focussed on putting the key fundamentals in place to enable you to get started on your journey. Once done, we will work closely with you as your roll out your personal branding by providing ongoing coaching and advice … even stepping in with hands-on assistance if and when required.
Personal Branding Workshop
This will take the format of a 2-3 hour workshop. This will enable us to clarify:
- Your goals
- Expert niche. What makes you special? Are you one of the best at what you do? Or is it more about the experience of working with you that should stand out?
- Key audiences. Who do you need to talk to? What do they value most about you?
- Communications’ platforms.
- Your personal story.A strong personal brand is almost always supported by a compelling story.
- Your tagline. You should be able to tell the world exactly who you are in 6 words or less.
- Determine your imagery and headshot.
- Secure information to write your bio.
- Do you need a personal website? Having your own personal website is a great way to develop your personal brand. It gives you a launching pad where people can go to learn all about you.
- Determine your content ideas and key actions
- Create a content calendar and action plan
- Develop a list of key connections
- Develop a list of relevant industry experts, media, bloggers, podcasters and conference organisers
Develop your personal branding/strengthen online presence
- Develop your social media bios and profiles
- Create email signatures to reflect your expert niche
- Add new social media platforms where relevant.
- Connect online with key audiences
- Set up alerts and notifications. This enables you to actively ‘listen’ to what is happening in your industry and find out what competition is doing and keep up with your peers. You can also follow thought leaders or experts in your niche and connect with others who are doing similar things, even if they are in other cities or states.
- Ensure social media platforms are optimised and quickly found online.
- Set up monitoring tools and analytics to measure your progress.
Teach you how to:
- Grow your contacts
- Engage on social media. You can do this by contributingyouradvice, commenting on posts that you find a personal connection to, and finding ways of helping others in yours or in a complementary field. The more active you are, the more relevant you become.
Optional extra: Develop your personal website
ONGOING COACHING AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANCE
Once the key fundamentals are in place, we will work with you ongoing, providing coaching and advice, even stepping in with hands-on assistance if and when required.
This can include help with:
- Developing curated and original content – blogs, social media content, articles, media releases, speeches, video and podcast scripts, e-books.
- Reaching out to the media and generating publicity
- Exploring conference, event keynotes and other presentation opportunities.
- Sourcing videographers, podcasters, web developers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
- Business book coaching – helping you get started and remaining on track while writing your book.
Developing a strong personal brand is important for you and your career. Potential employers will search for you online, and when they do, you need to be able to control what they read and find out about you.
Find out more:
0422 694 503
What our Clients Say:
“I engaged Wendy when I realised that I needed to communicate my ideas to the broader community. Wendy helped me focus my vision and articulate it in a clear and succinct way but also explained the dynamics of thought leadership and what I was about to embark on. Her associate Trudy Rankin gave me a crash course in social media tools that complemented my action plan. I have since readjusted my thinking about what I do and how I project myself. I would recommend Wendy’s company to anyone wanting to better understand themselves and how they can engage with other thought leaders and communicate their messages to a broader audience.”
–Len Sciacca, Enterprise Professor – Defence Technologies, Melbourne School of Engineering
“Understanding your brand value can be a difficult undertaking. Wendy’s personal branding and thought leadership coaching, strategy and action plan allows you to begin navigating this complex area with purpose. The clear structure she provides in enhancing your reputation and capability to present as a leader in my field was of an enormous assistance. Importantly, her approach is grounded in authenticity which makes the process very comfortable and empowering.”
– Murray Smith, State Manager (Vic)General Manager AHPRA (Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Authority). Former Director, Vic Building Authority.
“It was great to learn from Wendy’s experience and insights into thought leader and how to share my ideas with my professional networks. Wendy took me through a wide range of tools and processes – from the most fundamental to the more advanced. I now putting these ideas into practice and am excited about where this will lead …”
– Matthew J Barnes Technical Co-founder @Drawboard