Thought leadership is the PR process used by CEOs, entrepreneurs, change-makers, innovators and academics to position themselves as leading authorities and to communicate their big ideas to the world.
Being the acknowledged thought leader in your industry or field is the greatest accolade someone can bestow on you. It is affirmation that you are a true expert, a forward thinker and an inspirational figure who has deep insights and something worthwhile listening to.
However, achieving this status doesn’t come easily. It means constantly putting yourself out there and spreading your ideas and sharing wisdom in a way that others can tap into.
Providing people with valuable, accurate information on a consistent basis earns you credibility and rapport. Your peers will respect you for this and are more likely to help you in any way that they can. Your customers will also trust you and feel like you’ve given them something of value, making them more likely to choose your business over a competitor.
Being the acknowledged thought leaders also provides you with a platform to inform and educate your communities, to put forward ideas for the future, move and inspire people with innovative ideas, raise awareness on issues, challenge current thinking, change behaviours or positively influence public debate and thinking.
But how do you start building your thought leadership? What’s involved?
Parker Public Relations has developed a special coaching package directed at CEOs, entrepreneurs and change-makers from across all industry sectors and from business … big and small.
Our coaching package includes a compulsory start-up module designed to help you get started on your journey.
Once implemented, you can choose if and how you would like to work with us moving forward. You may choose to go it alone and only dip in for occasional advice and problem-solving or you may require us to help you in a more hands-on capacity ongoing. The choice is yours.
Step 1 – Thought Leadership Workshop
The process will kick off with a 2-hour thought leadership strategy workshop. During the workshop we will clarify:
- Your thought leadership goals and purpose
- Expert niche. What makes you special?
- Key audiences. Who do you need to talk to? This can include your customers, referral partners, community, or other key stakeholders.
- Your communications platforms. Social media, publicity, personal website, public speaking, business book.
- Your personal story. A strong personal brand is almost always supported by a compelling story.
- Your tagline. What you do, who you help, the big value you provide or the change you’re looking to implement.
- Determine your imagery and headshot.
- Secure information to write your bio and social media profiles.
- Determine what professional and clients groups you should join online.
- Develop a list of relevant industry experts and thought leaders, journalists, bloggers, podcasters and conference organisers.
- Determine how you will engage online.
Step 2 – Develop your personal branding & strengthen your online presence
Following the workshop we will:
- Develop your social media profiles
- Create email signatures to reflect your expert niche
- Add new social media platforms where relevant.
- Begin the process of connecting online with key audience
- Set up Google Alerts and other notifications. This enables you to actively ‘listen’ to what is happening in your industry
- Ensure social media platforms are optimised and quickly found online.
- Set up monitoring tools and analytics to measure your progress.
Step 3 – Social media engagement workshop
In this 1-2 hour workshop we will teach you how to engage appropriately online. This includes how to:
- Comment powerfully on other people’s content.
- Curate high quality content that is relevant to the needs of your ideal audience.Create original content that is useful and valuable to your target audience.
- Create a narrative plan for your content.
We will also determine how often you should engage on and off-line and develop a 6-month program of activity.
Remember the more active you are, the more relevant you become.
ONGOING COACHING AND ASSISTANCE
Once the key fundamentals are in place, you can choose to work with us ongoing.
This can include:
- Turning to us from time to time for coaching, advice or problem solving
- Developing original content on your behalf – blogs, social media content, articles, media releases, speeches, video and podcast scripts, e-books.
- Reaching out to the media and generating publicity
- Exploring conference, event keynotes and other presentation opportunities.
- Sourcing videographers, podcasters, web developers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
- Developing your personal website.
- Writing training and lead generation materials
- Helping you write a business book.
Why not take advantage of our 30 min free consultation and find out more. Call us on 0422 694 503.
BOOK IN FOR A FREE 30-MIN CONSULTATION