We help CEOs, entrepreneurs, business owners, consultants and academic position themselves as thought leaders, authorities or experts.
Although we don’t have a one-size-fits-all approach to how we delivery our thought leadership services, we have developed a start-up package which is compulsory to all those using our coaching services for the first time. Thereafter you are free to choose how you would like to move forward. This may involve managing the parts of the process you enjoy and leaving the rest to us.
Online gap analysis
This will enable us to determine where the gaps are in how you appear online and determine how best to improve and strengthen your online presence.
Thought Leadership Strategy Workshop
This will take the format of a 2-3 hour workshop. This will enable us to clarify:
- Your goals and motivations
- Your expert niche
- Key audiences and communications’ platforms
- Story ideas and your narrative journey.
- Possible lead generation materials – e-books, guides, training materials and checklists.
- Information for personal branding
- Tweak your existing website and/or social media platforms
- Develop thought leadership taglines for use on all collateral
- Create a calendar and action plan – this will determine the timing of stories and specific action
- Create list of ideal clients and stakeholders
- Develop a list of relevant media, bloggers, podcasters and conference organisers
Develop your personal branding/strengthen online presence
- Update personal branding and thought leadership status on social media profiles, websites and elsewhere online
- Create email signatures to reflect thought leadership niche
- Add new social media platforms where relevant.
- Set up alerts and notifications.
- Connect online with key audiences, stakeholders, professional groups, conference organisers, journalists.
- Ensure social media platforms are optimised and quickly found online.
- Set up monitoring tools and analytics to measure progress.
How to engage on social media
We will teach you to:
- Grow your contacts
- Engage online
- Engage on social media
ONGOING COACHING AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANCE
Once these key fundamentals are in place, we will teach you how to manage your own thought leadership or we can manage the tricky bits on your behalf while you focus on the things you enjoy. These can include:
- Creating your content – blogs, social media content, articles, media releases, speeches, video and podcast scripts, e-books, website content, training materials or branded collateral.
- Reaching out to the media and generating publicity
- Managing your social media
- Exploring conference, event keynotes and other presentation opportunities.
- Sourcing videographers, podcasters, web developers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
- Business book coaching. Help you get started and remain on track while writing your book
What our Clients Say:
“I engaged Wendy when I realised that I needed a voice communicate my ideas to the broader community. Wendy helped me focus my vision and articulate it in a clear and succinct way but also explained the dynamics of thought leadership and what I was about to embark on. Her associate Trudy Rankin gave me a crash course in social media tools that complemented my action plan. I have since readjusted my thinking about what I do and how I project myself. I would recommend Wendy’s company to anyone wanting to better understand themselves and how they can engage with other thought leaders and communicate their messages to a broader audience.”
–Len Sciacca, Enterprise Professor – Defence Technologies, Melbourne School of Engineering
“Understanding your brand value can be a difficult undertaking. Wendy’s personal branding and thought leadership coaching, strategy and action plan allows you to begin navigating this complex area with purpose. The clear structure she provides in enhancing your reputation and capability to present as a leader in my field was of an enormous assistance. Importantly, the approach is grounded in authenticity which makes the process very comfortable and empowering.”
– Murray Smith, State Manager (Vic)General Manager AHPRA (Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Authority). Former Director, Vic Building Authority.
“It was great to learn from Wendy’s experience and insights into thought leader and how to share my ideas with my professional networks. Wendy took me through a wide range of tools and processes – from the most fundamental to the more advanced. I now putting these ideas into practice and am excited about where this will lead …”
– Matthew J Barnes Technical Co-founder @Drawboard
“’Thought leadership’ was a term that I’d not encountered until someone suggested it might be useful. Going to Wendy and Trudy’s Master Class was enlightening and constructive. I look forward to working with both of these great women in the future as I continue looking for ways to be more effective in the world (well at least on my little patch!)”
-Geoffrey Binder, Research Professional in behaviour and organisational change